WW1 IMPERIAL GERMAN U-BOAT BADGE
The U-boat War Badge was originally instituted during the First World War on February 1, 1918. It was awarded to recognize U-boat crews who had completed three war patrols. The badge was worn on the lower left side of the uniform and was oval shaped resembling a wreath of laurel leaves. A submarine lay across the center and the German State Crown (Reichskrone) was inlaid at the top center of the wreath.
Excellent quality badge with crisp detail, maker marked to the rear to Walter Schot. These are rare badges due to the nature of survival of U-Boat crews.