WW1 GERMAN HONOUR/HINDENBURG CROSS AND CERTIFICATE OF ISSUE
The Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 commonly, but incorrectly, known as the Hindenburg Cross or the German WWI Service Cross was established by Field Marshal Paul Von Hindenburg, President of the German Weimar Republic, by an order dated 13 July 1934, to commemorate service of the German people during the WW1 This was Germany's first official service medal for soldiers of Imperial Germany who had taken part in the war, and where they had since died it was also awarded to their surviving next-of-kin. Shortly after its issuance, the government of Nazi Germany declared the award as the only official service decoration of the First World War and further forbade the continued wearing of German Free Corps awards on any military or paramilitary uniform of a state or Nazi Party organization.
This Honour Cross was awarded to Landessekrater (State Secretary) Wilhelm Sullick in Keil on the 30 January 1935 and is signed by the Police President of Kiel.
The medal has its original ribbon and is maker marked on the rear.