WW2 GERMAN WOUND BADGE IN BLACK AND IRON CROSS SECOND CLASS AWARD DOCUMENT TO A PANZER GRENADIER IN 14 PANZER DIVISION
The 14. Panzer-Division was formed in August 1940 from 4. Infanterie-Division. It was transferred to Hungary in March 1941 for the Balkans campaign and returned to Germany after that campaign. It took part in the invasion of the USSR and fought on the southern sector until January 1943 when it was destroyed at Stalingrad.
It was reformed in Brittany, France, in April 1943 and was sent to the southern sector of the Eastern front in October 1943 where it remained until July 1944 when it was withdrawn for refitting. It was transferred from the Ukraine to Kurland in August and it surrendered there to the Red Army in April 1945.
Original award documents to Grenadier Roland Benzin who was awarded the Black Wound Badge on 25 December 1942 on the Russian front where it was fighting at that time, then the Iron Cross Second Class on the First of June 1943