WW2 GERMAN PANZER ASSAULT BADGE 50 ENGAGEMENTS BY A.S.
The Panzer Badge (German: Panzerkampfabzeichen) was a World War Two military decoration of Nazi Germany awarded to troops in armoured divisions. Introduced on 20 December 1939, the Panzer Badge was authorized for armoured personnel and Panzer grenadier units equipped with armoured vehicles. It was also to be presented to members of armoured reconnaissance groups and rifle battalions of Panzer divisions. The authorization of these badges was usually done at a regimental or divisional level.
The tank in the centre of the medal is a Panzer IV. The 50 and 100 engagement badges were struck in a lightweight zinc alloy; this was so that the larger pin did not pull inconveniently on the tunic.
Maker marked to the back AS in a triangle for ADOLF SCHOLZE. Two piece badge consisting of a flat back with a hollow backed tank. 3 rivets to the back with 2 holding the tank and one the 50 engagement box. Magnetic thin vertical pin with a barrel hinge. Excellent detail.
We are all well aware of what 50 engagement Panzer Assault badges are fetching and this example represents value.