WW2 GERMAN PANZER ASSAULT BADGE SILVER GRADE MAKER A.S. IN TRIANGLE
The Panzer Badge (German: Panzerkampfabzeichen) was a World War Two military decoration of Nazi Germany awarded to troops in armoured divisions. Introduced on 20 December 1939, the Panzer Badge was authorized for armoured personnel and Panzer grenadier units equipped with armoured vehicles. It was also to be presented to members of armoured reconnaissance groups and rifle battalions of Panzer divisions. The authorization of these badges was usually done at a regimental or divisional level.
The tank in the centre of the medal is a Panzer IV. The 50 and 100 engagement badges were struck in a lightweight zinc alloy; this was so that the larger pin did not pull inconveniently on the tunic.
Silver Grade Panzer Assault Badge maker marked AS in a triangle (ADOLF SCHOLZE). Late war example with a semi hollow back barrell hinge and a thin vertical pin.