WW2 GERMAN TANK DESTRUCTION BADGE IN SILVER
The tank destruction badge in silver was instituted by Hitler on March 9, 1942 to honor individuals who single handedly destroyed an enemy tank with hand held explosives! It is constructed out of a machine embroidered silver flatwire and black rayon base that has a pinned on die stamped blackened nickel-silver tank that is held to the cloth with three flatwire prongs and a rectangular zinc plate that is covered to the back in a glued on grey cloth backing, both the tank and the backing plate are magnet as they should be, this is a sign of authenticity. The rectangular shaped obverse features a centrally placed detailed black tank that is in front of silver cloth that is bordered to the top and bottom in a wavy black strip. The reverse features a glued on wool backing. The whole piece is in near perfect condition!